Sunday, November 3, 2013

Christmas 2012

Our first Christmas together wasn't exactly what I had expected. I ended up having to work part of the morning shift at work which required me to wake up at 0600 and work until 1030 that morning. I know it was only four hours, but I had painted in my mind sleeping in Christmas morning and making a huge breakfast for just the two of us and opening gifts. By the time I got home from work Ian couldn't contain himself anymore and we both opened our gifts in a matter of minutes. Granted we only got each other one huge gift and then a few small things. 

Ian doesn't really ask for much so when he does say that he needs or would like something I write it down so I won't forget. He usually forgets that he even said anything but then I remind him and he always responds with "oh yea, I did say I needed that". So for Christmas I got him a starter kit from the Art Of Shaving. He has always struggled with his facial hair and this stuff works miracles! But I literally spent my entire budget on this one gift. Good thing it will last for almost a year. 

Ian loves to golf and I have never really been interested in the sport of golf. So when we got married and he wanted to go golfing I would just tell him to go with his dad or with friends because I didn't know how and I had honestly never been. I really had never been to a driving range even. So for Christmas I asked Ian for a set of golf clubs so that I could learn and play with him come summer. He delivered and even got be a pink golf bag. Too bad I have to wait until it gets warm to play. 



My Mom and Dad are smart. I know that when I was younger I would never admit that but when I was in college and single they bought me an artificial Christmas tree. They did it the day after Christmas when everything goes on sale and they filled a container full of ornaments, lights and decorations. It was so nice our first year of marriage to not have to worry about a tree. It was already in a box at my parents and all we had to do was set it up! Thanks Mom and Dad. 
  
My sisters and I have been on a Pinterest kick lately. So for Christmas we made ornament wreaths for our doors. I think they turned out so cute! Here is mine. 

We have absolutely loved living downtown during Christmas time. I can't tell you how many times we went and walked around Temple Square and saw the lights. We also had the opportunity to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert with my sister Lauriann and her husband Shawn. 


Lastly, one of our favorite places to get a treat during the winter is Hatches Family Chocolates. They honestly make the best hot chocolate. It is made straight from chocolate bars that are basically melted into a cup. Yuummm. We can't get enough of it. 

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment