Sunday, November 3, 2013

Quick Summer Recap

I love summer. We did so much and I know that I will probably leave half of the exciting things out, but here is a recap of our summer. 

To kick the summer off right we took a little road trip with two of our favorite couples, the Hubbards and the Ridings to Disneyland. We shoved all six of us in a car and drove all night to California. The next three days were filled with non-stop Disneyland, beach and California sunshine. 











Ian and I said goodbye to our first apartment as a married couple. JoAn was good to us and we have way too many funny memories from that apartment. My favorite memory was probably having to sleep with the window open in the middle of the winter because we couldn't control the heat. It was so hot that it actually felt good to have the snow fall on our faces while we slept. Also, only having one outlet in the kitchen. Making toast was an adventure. You would either have to balance it on the garbage can or cook it in the front room. But on to bigger and better things. 



Ian got accepted into the business program at the University of Utah. We decided to move closer to the U





of U and my work. We absolutely love our new apartment. We now have full control over our heat and we even upgraded to a condo with a swimming pool and hot tub!

We also have a killer view of Capitol Hill and downtown SLC


One of the craziest parts of my summer was preparing to sit for my respiratory therapy boards. Studying for the boards is beyond difficult. You learn everything you can in two years and they expect you to recall it all in three hours. I spent a lot of long days at the library studying and also at home with Cafe Rio as my reward for studying so hard. 



I am happy to announce that I did pass both sections of my board exams and I am now a Registered Respiratory Therapist in the state of Utah. I couldn't be more relieved. To celebrate my Mom took me out to lunch at Olive Garden and we splurged on the most delicious chocolate cake. Cheers to being done with boards. 


Because I finished my boards, I decided to tackle a DIY dresser that I wanted to convert into a TV stand. Thank you pinterest for all of my crazy ideas. 
Before. I purchased this dresser for $25.00

During. I put a total of $45.00 into refinishing, paint and hardware

All done. I think it turned out wonderful!

I have really enjoyed being done with school and because I have so much free time on my hands I have been teaching myself how to sew. I knew a little bit before I got my own sewing machine but I have had time to sit down with my Mom and figure things out. Here are a few of the projects that I did during the summer. 
This is a piece quilt that I made for my sister-in-law Mallory for her wedding

Lots of baby showers means lots of cute nursing covers and bibs! 


One of my friends asked if I could make her a car seat cover. I have never made one and I think it turned out pretty good. I know what I would do differently next time. 

Sometimes me and my Mom talk about cute things we have seen on Pinterest. And sometimes I show up at my Moms and make her have a Pinterest craft day with me. These are birthday signs that we made. They turned out so cute. 



What is a perfect summer without weddings?? Ian's sister Mallory and her now husband Kyle got married on August 17th, 2013. It was such a perfect day and the activities leading up to the wedding were pretty fun too! Ian's friend Adam Christiansen also got married as well as my cousin Jeremiah and his beautiful wife Brittany. 








One of the most amazing things that happened this summer was Ian's hole-in-one. This is not his first, but his second hole-in-one. It was quite the shot. Yes we do have proof. 


To end the summer Ian and I went on a little vacation to Park City, UT. We stayed at the Hilton for four days and enjoyed the mountains, lake, fishing and good food. It was a nice getaway before school starts up again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment