Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Back by popular demand!


I am so sorry it has taken me so long to post. It's been crazy around here.

I was honored last week to be a bridesmaid for one of my dearest friends Brooke aka Jazzer. I worked with her up at Oakcrest last summer. It was an honor to spend the Tuesday before her wedding with her in the temple and then the whole day of her wedding. Congrats Brooke and Brandon!!


Secondly I got offered a job at Salt Lake Regional Medical Center as an on call Respiratory Therapist. Long story short, I wasn't supposed to be able to sit for my exam because of a change in our program but they cleared us to sit for our exam and I am happy to say that I am now a certified therapist with a job. It is such a huge blessing and I am so excited.

Okay now on to the recipes. I have had a lot of people requesting my recipes and so here they are!! I will try and be better about posting these. Sorry...

Recipe #1
Spicy Chicken Avocado Enchiladas

These things are a real treat. This recipe took me a little longer than planned but they were so good that I will for sure make these again. Here is the recipe.


Spicy Avocado Chicken Enchiladas


Yield: serves 4
Recipe Note: To make these as Spicy as their name, leave in the seeds in the Serrano Pepper and use a "medium" Salsa Verde. For those without the love of heat, seed the Serrano Pepper and use a "mild" Salsa Verde.

Ingredients:

for the sauce:
1 tablespoon butter
1 Serrano pepper, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp flour
1 cup chicken stock
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 cup medium salsa verde
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
for the enchiladas:
3 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts (about 4 breasts)
8 oz Cabot Monterrey Jack Cheese, shredded & divided
1 small yellow onion, chopped
3 avocados, peeled and chopped
8-10 flour tortillas

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Saute serrano pepper and garlic, for 1 minute. Stir in flour, constantly stirring, and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the chicken broth, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a low boil. Once boiling, whisk in the sour cream, salsa verde and cilantro. Remove from heat.
Spray/grease a 9×13 baking dish. Add 3/4 cup sauce to the bottom of the pan. Add chicken, Cabot Monterrey Jack Cheese, onion and avocado to the center of each tortilla and roll, placing seam-side down in the dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas. Top with leftover cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbling. Serve immediately.



SO YUMMMY! I promise you won't be disappointed. 


Recipe #2
Inside-Out Pizza

This recipe is compliments of my sister Andrea. She introduced me to this incredible website called ourbestbites.com. If you ever want some great recipes, I highly recommend going here. Here is the link to the recipe because they just do it better than I do. http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/06/stuffed-pizza-rolls/




Recipe #3
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole



  • 2 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
  • 4 cups Cooked Brown Rice
  • ¾ cups Frozen Corn
  • 15 ounces, fluid Can Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed
  • 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (or Sour Cream)
  • 4 ounces, fluid Can Green Chilis
  • ½ cups Salsa
  • 1 cup Low-fat Cheddar Cheese, Plus More For Topping
  • 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro For Garnish
  • Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for cilantro and mix thoroughly to combine. Make sure the yogurt and cheese are stirred in throughout the entire bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Transfer to an oven-safe dish and top with extra cheese if you would like. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
    To make this process easier, I always have cooked chicken on hand, and use Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice. If you have those two things, this can be throw together in a matter of minutes! It can also easily be made ahead of time and reheated.


     
 Hopefully you enjoy these recipes as much as we did. I will post some more later!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment